Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on About.com: Chinese Food to go with Chinese Lobster Sauce Chinese Lobster Sauce. Must have Chinese Lobster Sauce made prior to beginning this recipe.
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil, for stir-frying
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Make the chinese lobster sauce first, and keep it warm.
- Run the shrimp under warm running water until thawed. Pat dry with paper towels. Shell and devein if necessary.
- Marinate the shrimp in the rice wine or sherry, salt and cornstarch for 15 minutes.
- Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and green onion. Stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink.
- Push the shrimp up to the sides of the pan and add the prepared Chinese Lobster sauce in the middle. Bring to a boil and then mix in with the shrimp. Serve hot.