Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy dish that doesn't take long to make. It has a bit of a bite, so you may want to adjust cumin to your taste.
- Mix together lime juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to make marinade.
- Pour over shrimp and toss.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Fry shrimp in 1 Tbsp olive oil in frying pan until pink.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro and marinade.
- Toss well and cook until just heated through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
THIS IS AWESOME. It's now a staple in our home. We are both in school and it's one of those easy and satisfying meals that we love. The flavors are scrumptious and we just throw the shrimp on the grill. We always serve it up with bowtie pasta.
FANTASTIC! I know you are not supposed to talk with food in your mouth but with every bite my BF and I mumbled to eachother how great it was! I used I can rotel tomatoes with chilies and served it over angle hair pasta. This recipe is in my rotation (so I was told) lol. Thanks Martha;)
I thought this was really good. Next time I will add some jalapeno or red pepper to spice it up a bit. I actually ran my "salsa" through the food processor and then added a little extra chopped tomato for texture after that. I just cooked the shrimp in the marinade instead of frying and it worked fine! I would actually thicken the sauce up next time. Served over rice.