Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
This is a quick and easy dish that doesn't take long to make. It has a bit of a bite, so you may want to adjust cumin to your taste.
Top Review by Redheaded Chef
THIS IS AWESOME. It's now a staple in our home. We are both in school and it's one of those easy and satisfying meals that we love. The flavors are scrumptious and we just throw the shrimp on the grill. We always serve it up with bowtie pasta.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (depending on your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- rice or pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together lime juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to make marinade.
- Pour over shrimp and toss.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Fry shrimp in 1 Tbsp olive oil in frying pan until pink.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro and marinade.
- Toss well and cook until just heated through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.