Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 3⁄4 cup water
- warm pita bread, for serving
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in 3 batches: For each batch, heat 1/3 cup of the olive oil in a large deep skillet.
- Add one-third of the shrimp and cook over high heat, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the dill and toss to coat, then transfer the shrimp as it's cooked to a large deep serving platter.
- Add 1/4 cup of the water to the skillet and boil over high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until the juices are reduced to 2 tablespoons; add to the cooked shrimp.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of dill to the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well. Serve the shrimp warm or at room temperature, with the warm pita bread.