Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From the National Honey Board. My husband and I think it is delicious.
Top Review by Pianolady
Delicious!! My hubby and I really enjoyed this meal. I agree with Tgirl that next time I might try to thicken the sauce a bit, but it was a wonderful meal just as is. We enjoyed the spinach fettuccine along with this, and the honey was the perfect touch! I grow fresh basil, and what a difference the beautiful fresh herbs make, expecially in a dish like this. Thanks so much for this recipe!! Dianne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup diced seeded peeled fresh plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb spinach fettuccine, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and shallots, sauteeing and stirring until shrimp are just opaque.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet; boil until liquid is reduced by half; stirring and scraping sides of pan.
- Add cream and lower heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Add honey, tomatoes, and chopped basil; stir to blend.
- Return shrimp to skillet; add salt and pepper to taste and stir to mix.
- On individual plates, arrange fettucine, then top with shrimp sauce.
- Serve warm.