Recipe by riffraff
This hors d'oeuvres works really well on a buffet as it tasts great at room temperature. The pesto can be made days in advance. You can bake or grill.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 mild green chilies, stem and seeds removed (or 2 4 oz cans of mild chilies, drained)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined (26 to 30 per pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cheese and garlic in food processor till blended.
- Add the chilies, pine nuts, parsley, cilantro and 2 or 3 tablespoons oil and process until a smooth paste.
- This pesto can be made and refrigerated for several weeks before using.
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with pesto and refrigerate, covered for at least an hour.
- Place shrimp on a foil covered sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.