Chef #1015484's Note:
This is a quick recipe from Sandra Lee, great for an appetizer if your are entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons szechuan seasoning (mixture of szechuan peppercorns, star anise, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, coarse sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb shelled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup ginger preserves (recommend Robertson's)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1In small bowl, stir together Szechuan seasoning and ground ginger. Toss shrimp in mixture.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil, over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- 3Carefully add chicken stock and deglaze by scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Add preserves and stir until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Return shrimp to pan and coat in sauce.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Ginger Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.7 mg
- Sodium 218.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar