Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick recipe from Sandra Lee, great for an appetizer if your are entertaining.
Make and share this Shrimp With Ginger Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons szechuan seasoning (mixture of szechuan peppercorns, star anise, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, coarse sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb shelled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup ginger preserves (recommend Robertson's)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- In small bowl, stir together Szechuan seasoning and ground ginger. Toss shrimp in mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Carefully add chicken stock and deglaze by scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Add preserves and stir until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan and coat in sauce.