Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
received this in my email, quick, easy , and lovely over basmati rice,
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup natural applesauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Sauté for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Add sesame seeds and cook for one minute to toast seeds lightly.
- Reduce heat.
- Add applesauce; stir well.
- Add soy sauce, sherry and black pepper; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If mixture is too thick, add a few tablespoons of apple juice or sherry to thin.
- Preheat grill.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Thread shrimp on skewers that have been soaked in water, and brush with sauce.
- Grill until pink and just cooked through, about 6 minutes, basting and turning every two minutes.
- or grill on greased grill tray, 2-3 mins/per side.
This was a big hit with our friends and ourselves. Did exactly as written and took the advice of adding old bay to the shrimp first. Will make again for sure ty for the post
This was quite good. Instead of basting, I added a bit more white wine (instead of sherry) and marinaded. I used a lot more garlic then called for, as my roommate and I are garlic lovers. Made it with both chicken and shrimp and it was excellent. Thank you for the good recipe!
This was nice. I made the sauce exactly as written, but after it had reduced, I tasted it and felt it needed a little "something". I did add some salt to the apple bbq sauce. But, before I cooked the shrimp, I sprinkled them with some Cajun seasoning, and then brushed them with the bbq sauce. That extra heat gave the dish a sort of firey, sweetness that absolutely LOVE