Recipe by Vseward Chef-V
This is a simple garlic shrimp that is great served on steamed rice or pasta. I also like to serve it as an appetizer, just double up the recipe depending on amount of guests.
Top Review by Chef at Heart
My mom made this.(I did taste it, although it was reheated. The flavour was great. She probably did not put in enough red pepper flakes in, and didn't add the parsey but none the less it was great. Next time all spice it up a little more than she did. It is an excellent recipe Leanne
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut in a 1/8-inch dice
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, pepper and shrimp.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until the shrimp turn pink.
- Increase the heat to high.
- Add the lemon juice, sherry, hot red pepper and salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.