Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is quick, easy and delish! It is a tried and true. It is made easier if you use a mini processor or regular size processor. If not you can grate the bread and finely chop garlic and herbs. It is best to use medium to large shrimp, that have been shelled and deveined. This dish never fails to please and has such great flavor for it's simplicity.
- French bread, about 6 slices 2inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 5 leaves basil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Lightly oil a large baking pan.
- In a mini processor add garlic cloves to bottom. Pulse one or two times to chop garlic.
- Add bread slices, red pepper flakes, parsley, and basil to processor with garlic in it. Process mixture for a few seconds. Should start to look like mealy bread crumbs.
- Add olive oil to mixture in processor and pulse on and off, for about 30 seconds, until all is coated and crumbly.
- Arrange the shrimp in the baking pan, in a single layer. Spoon a little of the crumb mixture onto each shrimp. Drizzle with a little more oil.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp. The shrimp should turn pink and crumb mixture should become lightly brown. Do not overcook shrimp.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.