A traditional spanish tapas dish--shrimp, garlic, and a little kick! Serve with Tomato-Rubbed Bread (Pan con Tomate).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2Place four serving crocks/souffle molds in warm oven until ready to use.
- 3Pour olive oil into a large, deep skillet. Heat over medium high heat about 1.5 minutes or until oil reaches 325 degrees F. Add garlic and pepper strips, cooking about 1 minute until tender. Add half of the shrimp (shrimp should be sizzling briskly and 1/3 covered with oil). Cook 30 to 45 seconds or until golden on bottom. Using tongs, carefully turn shrimp and cook another 30 seconds on other side.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp and garlic from oil onto the warmed crocks/souffle molds, dividing proportions evenly among serveware. Discard pepper strips.
- 5Add remaining or leftover shrimp to oil and repeat cooking directions above.
- 6Carefully drizzle some hot oil over each crock/mold of shrimp and garnish with parsley.
- 7Serve warm alongside Tomato-Rubbed Bread (Pan Con Tomate) recipe.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Garlic (Gambas Al Ajillo)
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.3
- Calories from Fat 731
- Total Fat 81.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: