Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
A traditional spanish tapas dish--shrimp, garlic, and a little kick! Serve with Tomato-Rubbed Bread (Pan con Tomate).
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and halved crosswise
- 20 -30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 red hot pepper, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place four serving crocks/souffle molds in warm oven until ready to use.
- Pour olive oil into a large, deep skillet. Heat over medium high heat about 1.5 minutes or until oil reaches 325 degrees F. Add garlic and pepper strips, cooking about 1 minute until tender. Add half of the shrimp (shrimp should be sizzling briskly and 1/3 covered with oil). Cook 30 to 45 seconds or until golden on bottom. Using tongs, carefully turn shrimp and cook another 30 seconds on other side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp and garlic from oil onto the warmed crocks/souffle molds, dividing proportions evenly among serveware. Discard pepper strips.
- Add remaining or leftover shrimp to oil and repeat cooking directions above.
- Carefully drizzle some hot oil over each crock/mold of shrimp and garnish with parsley.
- Serve warm alongside Tomato-Rubbed Bread (Pan Con Tomate) recipe.