Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Althought the microwave is not the best cooking medium, it can handle some recipes quite well. I think this is one of them. It makes this a very quick lunch or part of a main meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, deveined and cooked
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- salt and pepper
- Place butter and onion in large bowl.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes, garlic, paste, mace, s& p.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, stir halfway through.
Very good!! The sauce is wonderful!!We used a thick, crusty slice of french bread to sop it ALL up. This one is a keeper!! And the amazing thing is--I used frozed cooked shrimp--this was ready in 10 minutes!
I served it over split, toasted bagels. Very good! Add a splash of sherry.
I added a red pepper for more vegetable content and like MizzNezz I used cooked frozen shrimp. Rice took care of the lovely sauce and a serving of asparagus went very well with this dish! Fresh shrimp would have been an improvement, but these needed to be used up. Not bad for a quick and easy midweek supper!