- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 lb shrimp, preferably small (more than 40 per pound)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coarse salt (to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in an 8- 10-inch skillet and turn the heat to medium.
- When the garlic begins to sizzle and turns golden, add the shrimp.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp just turn pink and opaque, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately, directly from the pan.