Top Review by ebbtide
Magnificent!! Had sun dried tomatoes I had to use, so subsituted about 3 tablespoons of them instead of the fresh-- added a little more wine and water to go with these dehydrated tomatoes.
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled,deveined
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook the onions in the olive oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spoon the tomato and shrimp mixture into a gratin dish, top with the feta and bake for 10 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and shrimp are cooked through.