Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast. In the cookbook they suggest serving over linguine.
- 158.51 ml half-and-half
- 1 large chipotle chile, canned in adobo
- 4.92 ml grated orange rind
- 680.38 g peeled deveined large shrimp
- 3.69 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Place first three ingredients in a blender and puree until smoot. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and add shrimp. Toss shrimp to coat with spray and sprinkle with the cumin and salt. Saute shrimp 4 minutes or until done, stirring frequently. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Reduce heat to medium and add half and half mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro.
I always enjoy orange and chipotle together so I knew we would like this recipe. I did keep the seeds in for extra heat DH liked that! Very quick to make. I did use fat free half and half.Thanks!
Made this last night for dinner. Very easy, quick and very good! I did use a little less cilantro (personal preference) and used fat free half and half. Thought it was very tasty and will definitely make again. This would be great served over pasta or rice. Thanks for posting!