Recipe by Brookelynne26
Source: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast. In the cookbook they suggest serving over linguine.
Top Review by Rita~
I always enjoy orange and chipotle together so I knew we would like this recipe. I did keep the seeds in for extra heat DH liked that! Very quick to make. I did use fat free half and half.Thanks!
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 large chipotle chile, canned in adobo
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled deveined large shrimp
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first three ingredients in a blender and puree until smoot. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and add shrimp. Toss shrimp to coat with spray and sprinkle with the cumin and salt. Saute shrimp 4 minutes or until done, stirring frequently. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Reduce heat to medium and add half and half mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro.