1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Coconut-Vanilla Sauce
Patricia Rain's Note:
Recipe from "The Vanilla Chef" written by Patricia Rain (The Vanilla Queen.) You can find this and more at www.vanilla.com. This is a very rich dish based on a Tahitian recipe. You can use light coconut milk or substitute evaporated milk for the cream if you wish to lighten the recipe some.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and clean shrimp, keeping tails on. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok. Saute the shrimp for two to three minutes and or until they have turned pink.
- 2Remove them from the pan and set aside. Remove the balance of olive oil from pan.
- 3Add rum and the vanilla bean to the frying pan and reduce the rum until it is nearly evaporated (down to about 2 tablespoons).
- 4Add the cream and coconut milk, and reduce the mixture by 50%. Scrape seeds out of the vanilla pod and discard pod. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Shrimp can either be mixed into the sauce and served or mounded on a rice pilaf and the sauce poured over all. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Coconut-Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.0
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 368.0 mg
- Sodium 1315.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: