1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Buster's friend's Note:
Adapted by those food mavens at The Tmes-Picayune from "Al Roker's Big Bad Book of Barbecue," this recipe makes 2 cups of pesto, enough for up to 4 pounds of seafood or chicken, and it's great on vegetables, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups cilantro leaves, packed
- 3/4 cup mint leaf, packed
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh (from 2 limes, lemons OK too)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 lbs shrimp, fresh (frozen OK)
- 1For the pesto: Combine all pesto ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor blender, and process until pureed. Use immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- 2For the shrimp: Toss the shelled shrimp with the pesto in a shallow, nonreactive pan. Each shrimp should be well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 3Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill for direct grilling over high heat.
- 4Remove shrimp from pan and discard the marinade. Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Cilantro-Mint Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 348.3 mg
- Sodium 677.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 47.6 g