1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Chipotle Sauce
Elly in Canada's Note:
This is one of my favourite appetizers, adapted from The Surreal Gourmet. You can adjust the 'heat' by changing the amount of chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. I usually serve this as an appetizer over a mesclun mix of leaf lettuces, herbs, and tender greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Dry rub for shrimp
- 3/4 lb shrimp, 12/15 count shrimp, tails on
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1Chipotle Dry rub:.
- 2Shell, clean, and devein shrimp. Leave the tails on.
- 3Pat dry with a paper towel.
- 4In a medium-size bowl, mix oregano, thyme, lemon pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- 5Toss shrimp thoroughly with mixed spices. Keep refrigerated until ready for cooking.
- 6Heat oil and chipotle pepper and sauce in a well-seasoned iron skillet or non-stick pan over high heat.
- 7Place about ten shrimp in pan so that each one has enough room to lie on its side.
- 8Cook for approximately 1-1/2 minutes per side, or until shrimp is no longer translucent. Do not overcook.
- 9Serve hot, or at room temperature, with cilantro dipping sauce.
- 10To prepare Cilantro Dipping Sauce:.
- 11Blend cilantro and lime juice in a food processor or blender until cilantro is liquefied. Pour into a small bowl and use a fork to blend in sour cream until fully blended into a pale green sauce.
- 12Refrigerate until ready for use.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 797.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo