Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a southern style shrimp dish. It's very good!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan,bring chicken broth and milk to a boil.
- Stir in grits and salt;return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings from skillet.
- Add shrimp, peppers and onions;cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender and shrimp is no longer pink.
- Stir in bacon.
- Serve shrimp mixture over warm cheese grits.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese.
This satisfied my craving. Thanks!
Oh my, was this good!! I added some garlic and a splash of white wine to the shrimp as I was cooking it and it was wonderful. This dish is really nice for company but it's also good southern comfort food.
I made this for my family and they absolutely loved it. That is actually my photo up on this site. I added minced garlic and used yellow and green peppers. I also added andouille sausage. I have made this recipe at least 5x