Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and simple stir-fry from Chinese Cookery.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 green onions, chopped 1-inch lengths
- 6 slices gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup cashews
- Shell and devein shrimp.
- Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag.
- Add shrimp; mix well.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat 1 minute.
- Pat shrimp with a paper towel.
- Stir-fry 1 minute or until pink.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon, draining well over wok; set aside.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil to wok.
- Heat 1 minute.
- Stir-fry green onions and ginger root in wok until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add bamboo shoots and carrot to green onions.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add seasoning sauce and stir-fry until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add shrimp.
- Stir-fry to coat with sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Add roasted cashews and mix well.
- Serve immediately.