Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe source: local newspaper which reprinted recipe from Ismail Merchant
Make and share this Shrimp With Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or other spicy mustard)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lb broccoli, large stems discarded and crowns divided into florets
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- In a wok or large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add mustard seeds and cook for 30 seconds or until seeds pop.
- Add green onion and garlic to wok and stir for a few seconds.
- Add mustard, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper and cook stirring until smooth and then add 2 tablespoons water, stirring to combine.
- Add broccoli to wok and cover and cook for 3-5 minutes and then add shrimp.
- Cover and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender and shrimp is done.