Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
6 points plus/serving Recipe source: Weight Watchers Magazine (Feb 2012)
Make and share this Shrimp With Bok Choy and Rice (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 6 scallions, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over medium high heat. Stir in shrimp and stir fry for 2-5 minutes or until opaque in the center. Transfer shrimp to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet and the next 5 ingredients (carrots - garlic) and stir fry 2-5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, toss.
- Stir in the remainder of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and cook stirring another 2-5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.