Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is our favourite shrimp pasta dish.It is so easy to make but so yummy to eat.
- 1 lb large shrimp (shelled & deveined.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.Heat oil in skillet over med high heat and saute shrimp until just turning opaque,remove and keep to one side.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook over med heat for 15 secs, then stir in wine,red pepper,juice and tomatoes.Boil stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by two thirds.Add shrimp and simmer for a couple of mins then swirl in butter and basil.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I made this for guests last night and we all loved it! It was very simple and had tons of flavor. I liked it because it is a full meal, but still light. Will make again for sure!
This is a fabulous recipe. It was the one my son-in-law has requested I make again for his birthday!
I had a left over shrimp ring I heated through as to not turn it to rubber and used egg noodles. It was fast and really tasty. I didn't have any sundried tomatoes so I omitted them.