Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is from the Food Network and is awesome! The shrimp are cooked in garlic and olive oil, then tossed with an uncooked fresh tomato and basil mixture and served hot or at room temperature.
- 12 quartered cherry tomatoes or 12 grape tomatoes
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped,plus
- extra basil leaves, for garnish
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the basil and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add enough olive oil to lightly film the bottom of the pan.
- Salt and pepper shrimp, turn heat to high and add shrimp.
- Saute shrimp, undisturbed until they turn golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Add a bit more oil and the garlic, turn heat off and turn shrimp over.
- Cook shrimp for 1 minute in the heat left in the pan.
- Add shrimp to the bowl with the tomato mixture and toss to combine.
I agree this is awesome! I added a few (maybe 5) chopped Kalamata olives and sprinkled some feta cheese over the top at the end. I served it over whole wheat couscous. This is a really quick and healthy dish that tastes great - I will definitely make it again.
Had this tonight, except cut the recipe by 1/3. Also used regular rather than kosher salt--and not even much of that. It was very easy and very good.