1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Banana, Guava Salsa over Coconut Rice
I love finding new ways to fix shrimp, and this one was a little different. Found it at fl-seafood.com along with some others which I will post. Time does not include refrigerator time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs shrimp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 cup papaya, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup guava juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Combine orange juice, cilantro, lime juice and shrimp (remove shells and tail).
- 2Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 3Combine salsa ingredients EXCEPT bananas and chill.
- 4Bring coconut milk to a boil, add rice and salt.
- 5Cover and cook over low heat until rice is done.
- 6In a large saute pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and drained shrimp. Discard marinade.
- 7Cook shrimp until opaque and remove from heat.
- 8TO SERVE:.
- 9Add chopped bananas to salsa. Place a mound of rice on plate, then shrimp, top with salsa.
- 10Can sprinkle on a little paprika and garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Banana, Guava Salsa over Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 81.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: