Recipe by real riff raff
Delicious combination of flavors. My madre-in-law made this at a party. I made this a romantic meal for the hubby since it can also go well with beer or wine beverages. It is super simple gourmet!
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, headless, peeled, and deveined
- 1 lb bacon, cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- 30 very thin corn tortillas (or thin as you can get)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon on med-hi until crispy (when grease is foaming) because they will rehydrate when other ingredients are added. Trust me, you don't want rawlike bacon in your dish!
- Drain grease from pan, leave a little for cooking.
- Add margarine, melt.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle garlic powder and dash of black pepper. Stir constantly because shrimp cooks fast. Just when all shrimp turn pink, turn off heat so they do not overcook.
- Top with cheese.
- Cook corn tortillas on range (when tortilla starts to bubble, it's ready.) If you have an electric stove, you can cook the tortillas on a skillet or nonstick pan.
- Scoop shrimps into tortillas and enjoy! This goes well with pinto beans that you can re-fry with the bacon grease you just separated.
- Rate this recipe!