Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my mother. It is actually an attempt to copy a recipe we enjoyed at Macaroni Grill.
- 50 -60 medium shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) packageraw spinach
- 1 cup portabella mushroom (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Place cream and one stick of butter in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Place mushroom in a sauce pan with half of a stick of butter and a 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Cover and cook until tender.
- Place one stick of butter into a skillet and melt.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and add spinach.
- Sauté spinach on medium high until done (about 3 minutes). Also make sure to stir during duration of cooking time.
- Roast pine nuts by putting them on a pan and placing them in the oven on 350°.
- Roast for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Finally add remaining butter to a skillet and add shallots, remaining garlic, and shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp until thoroughly cooked and all sides are pink.
- Here is the fun part!
- Grab a big serving bowl.
- Add the angel hair pasta, spinach and shrimp into the bowl without draining shrimp or spinach.
- Drain the mushrooms and toss into the bowl.
- Add pine nuts and pour cream sauce over the mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
My 8 year old daughter and I enjoyed making this recipe. The taste was pretty good also. The only thing is that it is time consuming and requires the use of alot of pans