Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I learned this recipe from a bunch of firemen in College Station, Texas. (So you know it's easy to make...) It's a big hit with my family and friends!
- 2 -4 lbs of cleaned shrimp
- 1 bunch diced fresh cilantro (corriander)
- 1⁄2 bulb of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- The best shrimp is fresh. You can tell it's fresh when the flesh is clear, not cloudy. Frozen shrimp works just as well, just allow plenty of time to thaw.
- Put shrimp on skewrs, presoaked in water for 20 minutes, if you are wanting to grill the shrimp. Arrange on flat, greased pan if you are wanting to bake the shrimp.
- In a bowl, mix diced cilantro, diced garlic, and olive oil. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Brush the mixture onto the shrimp and bake at 325 until thoroughly cooked. You can tell when the shimp's flesh is white and the 'accents' are a nice pink. If grilling, watch the shimp a little closer and turn when half way done.
Tasted almost like Shrimp Scampi, but with olive oil instead of butter. If the recipe had specified a baking time of 16-20 minutes, I could have given 5 stars; it's hard to watch a casserole dish in the oven. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.