Delight your taste buds with a truly original appetizer recipe featuring the combination of shrimp, wild rice, dill and thyme in pancake form. It is finished with a roasted red pepper aioli. Recipe comes from; The McCormick Gourmet collection. We really enjoyed these! ;)
My Private Note
(1 appe ...
Units: US | Metric
ROASTED PEPPER-DILL AIOLI
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed (McCormick Gourmet Collection)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, ground (McCormick Gourmet Colection)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (McCormick Gourmet Collection)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarse grind (McCormick Gourmet Collection)
SHRIMP AND WILD RICE CAKES
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (unsalted)
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp, medium size
- 3/4 teaspoon dill seed, toasted (McCormick Gourmet Collection)
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves (McCormick Gourmet Collection)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2For the Aioli, mix all ingredients in medium bowl; cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3SHRIMP CAKES:.
- 4Mix flour, baking powder and Old Bay in large bowl.
- 5Stir in shrimp, cooked rice, green onions, dill seed and thyme.
- 6Add butter, milk and eggs; gently stir until well blended.
- 7Spray large nonstick skillet with no stick cooking spray.
- 8Heat on medium heat.
- 9Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of shrimp mixture into skillet.
- 10Flatten slightly so cakes are about 2 inches in diameter.
- 11Cook cakes in small batches, 5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- 12Serve shrimp cakes with 1/2 of the Aioli. (Remaining Aioli may be used as a sandwich spread or as a dip for vegetables.)
- 13*To toast dill seeds: Heat small skillet on medium heat 2 minutes. Add dill seeds; cook 1 minute or until seeds are fragrant, shaking pan frequently. Immediately remove seeds from skillet to avoid over-toasting.
- 14**Shrimp cakes can be made up to 24 hours ahead. Cool, wrap and store in the refrigerator. Reheat on baking sheet in preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes. The aioli can be made up to 24 hours ahead. Refrigerate in covered container until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Wild Rice With Roasted Pepper-Dill Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 460.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning