Recipe by ~Nimz~
Fixed this last night and it was wonderful. The shrimp were bite size and went so well with the rest of the ingredients. I would imagine that this would also be good with cooked chicken.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Well, it seems I am on a shrimp binge. I did cut the recipe in half, and used less than a 1/4 cup of onions. All I got to say is MMMM-good. It went real well with our shrimp lunch today.
- 4 cups small shrimp (cooked and peeled)
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as directed.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix with the cooked rice.
- Fold in cooked shrimp.
- Spread evenly into a greased 8X11 inch baking dish.
- Cover with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Drizzle with 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake until bubbly at 350 degrees, about 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.