1/1 Photo of Shrimp & Wild Rice
Fixed this last night and it was wonderful. The shrimp were bite size and went so well with the rest of the ingredients. I would imagine that this would also be good with cooked chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups small shrimp (cooked and peeled)
- 1 (6 ounce) box uncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 1Cook rice as directed.
- 2Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Mix with the cooked rice.
- 4Fold in cooked shrimp.
- 5Spread evenly into a greased 8X11 inch baking dish.
- 6Cover with crushed Ritz crackers.
- 7Drizzle with 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- 8Bake until bubbly at 350 degrees, about 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- 9Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 489.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend