Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fixed this last night and it was wonderful. The shrimp were bite size and went so well with the rest of the ingredients. I would imagine that this would also be good with cooked chicken.
- 4 cups small shrimp (cooked and peeled)
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- Cook rice as directed.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix with the cooked rice.
- Fold in cooked shrimp.
- Spread evenly into a greased 8X11 inch baking dish.
- Cover with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Drizzle with 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake until bubbly at 350 degrees, about 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Well, it seems I am on a shrimp binge. I did cut the recipe in half, and used less than a 1/4 cup of onions. All I got to say is MMMM-good. It went real well with our shrimp lunch today.
This was delicious! Left out the onions, otherwise made as specified, mixing the soup into the rice before adding the shrimp. I may add more jalapeno next time as I really liked the spice it gave. Served with bread and a ceaser salad, we really enjoyed this dish!
I never really cooked with shrimp much before, or eat it.... but I was up for something diffrent and this recipe fit the bill! I cut the recipe down by half and it worked well. I didnt have ritz so I used salt free saltine crackers left over from a party I just had along with assorted left over cut veggies from a veggie tray, and also low sodium cream soup. With all that said it was great! This recipe may have finally turned me onto shirmp! Thanks for posting!!