Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name is courtesy of my husband, the idea is a personal variation on one of my mom's throw together dishes. It's a relatively simple two dish preparation that becomes a one dish serve, great for simple family meals.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 fresh zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups chopped uncooked mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- Start by starting the rice to cook, so that it will be ready before everything else.
- Melt butter in large deep pan like a wok, over medium high heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms and sauté to desired tenderness.
- Add shrimp, salt and garlic powder and stir fry until shrimp is cooked. Be careful not to overcook, especially if using pre-cooked shrimp.
- Add cream cheese and stir into mixture until completely melted.
- Reduce heat and add cooked rice, stirring until everything is well mixed. Serve warm.