Recipe by racrgal
This has become a favorite for a quick, easy and elegant meal. You can use any style pasta you prefer. The smaller the shrimp the less the cooking time will be. Keep that in mind when adding spinach as the shrimp will continue to cook as the spinach steams. If I have small shrimp I add the shrimp and spinach at the same time so the shrimp doesn't overcook.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken broth, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes and sun dried tomatoes in 10 inch skillet. Simmer until tomatoes are soft.
- Add shrimp. Simmer until shrimp starts to turn pink. About 1 minute for medium shrimp.
- Turn shrimp and add spinach on top.
- Place lid on skillet and simmer until spinach is limp. Cooking time will depend on how done you prefer the spinach. I don't fully cook spinach.
- Place cooked pasta on plate or shallow soup bowl.
- Top with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesean cheese.