Recipe by chia
the zucchini makes a perfect "bed" for the shrimp. yellow squash can also be used, or you can use a combo of both. this has true eye appeal
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
i used 1 lb shrimp and 1 lb bay scallops and doubled the sauce ingredients, except for the parsley. this dish was fantastic. a definite keeper, especially for a low carb diet. i would have loved this over pasta or rice but the sauteed zucchini made me feel full and satisfied.
- 4 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- shred zucchini with manual shredder or in processor, lengthwise.
- layer in a colander and sprinkle with salt while you prepare the shrimp.
- rinse zucchini and drain well.
- in a skillet melt 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil, add zucchini and cook 3 minutes,add salt& pepper, remove and set aside.
- melt remaining butter and oil, add shrimp and garlic, cook until shrimp turns pink, 3 minutes.
- add broth, bring to a boil, add red pepper and parsley, cook 1 minute more.
- serve shrimp over zucchini.