Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
another quick, light entree
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- cook orzo according to pkge directions.drain
- put tomatoes in skillet over med-hi heat cook until liquid is absorbed.
- stir in remaining ingredients, heat, sprinkle with feta
- divide orzo into 4 serving bowls, spoon shrimp and sauce over orzo, serve
We really enjoyed this super simple dish. I, too, added some purple onion to it, and bumped the orzo amount up to a full cup. The flavors were great for such few ingredients. A little bit more tomato than we would have liked but that's all.*** I am coming back to update my review, and giving it the last star for the full 5. Made it again tonight and used a bit more parsley than it called for, more zest, and about a 1 large clove of garlic minced up real fine. I also served it with garlic bread and together they were FABULOUS! I would take a bite of bread and a bite of the meal together and it reminded me a lot of a hot and crusty shrimp sandwich I really like but that is a lot of work to prepare.
super simple, delicious and low fat? perfect! I used low fat feta and added a bit of garlic and onion in the tomatoes as they simmered. otherwise, followed recipe exactly
This was so fast and easy! Prepped everything ahead so it took about 6 minutes to throw together. I did add more zest, and about a 1 large clove of garlic but otherwise followed to a T. As for the previous review not liking citrus with shrimp- leave the citrus out. I loved it as is! Thanks for sharing a healthy, fast and low fat/calorie meal!