Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, peasy recipe I got from Cooking Light. It had got a lot of positive reviews,plus I had all the ingredients on hand, so I thought to try it! DH really (really) enjoyed this dish. I loved this particular dish because it used up a lot of "its and bits" I had floating around. I made it with pre-made marinara sauce... had the shrimp in the freezer needing to be used up...whipping cream on hand, and 2 little tester bottles of vodka that had been sitting in the cupboard for ever!!!. I had just had surgery on my knee, so this meal was real easy for me to prepare, while not skimping on results! You have got to love those type of meals!!!
- 9 ounces fettuccine, fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and devined
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1 1⁄3 cups marinara sauce (or more if needed)
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta per directions. Drain.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add shrimp; saute for 4 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Add remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and garlic to pan; saute 1 minute. CAREFULLY add vodka; cook for 1 minute (see note). Add marinara sauce, 1/4 cup basil, cream, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in pasta and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Note: Adding the vodka to the dish will ignite the dish, so use caution.
Found this also in Cooking Light but didn't post it quick enough! Made this just as the recipe as written. I used Butoni's fresh fettuccine and also used the entire container of Butoni fresh marinara sauce. I made this just for my husband and I so we had leftovers for lunch the next day and it tasted even better! Quick easy and yummy! Great for a weeknight meal.