Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the one you will want for that next dinner party. Service with a crisp green salad & crusty bread. Your guests will be impressed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, onion and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until shrimp is almost tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream, stirring until well blended.
- Cook over low heat stirring occasionally until heated (do not boil).
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately over cooked rice or pasta.
Cher, this recipe is excellent! I made this for my parents while visiting with them this summer, after selecting it for the July "Pick A Chef" event. Everyone enjoyed it so much! The only change I made was to substitute Old Bay Seasoning (reducing to 1 tsp) for the seasoning salt, as my Mom had none on hand. She suggested using the Old Bay because it is a natural with the shrimp, and it worked perfectly! We served over rice as you suggested and also added a tossed green salad and garlic bread. Wonderful recipe, Cher! Thank you for sharing!! I have already had requests for an encore presentation ;)
I have made this recipe several times now and it is a definite crowd pleaser! Thank you for sharing!!
For us, the flavour of the Worcestershire seemed too strong! The sauce was really thick so I did thin it a bit with some 10% cream. If I make it again I would reduce the Worcestershire by at least half or maybe even omit it. Thanks.