Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
old fashioned shrimp goodness, lightened up a little bit
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb small white button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (use real sherry, cooking sherry does not work well with this recipe)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon sage (your preference)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat sour cream
- Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add shrimp, green onion and mushrooms, cook (stirring as required) over a medium heat until shrimp are done and mushrooms are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and curry.
- Sprinkle evenly over shrimp and stir well.
- Add the sherry and sour cream and cook at low heat stirring constantly until hot.
- Do not boil.
Great one, Sherry! I followed the directions, except for sprinkling a light dusting of cinnamon on the top just before serving. I served it over toasted English muffins. Very satisfying dish.