Recipe by Lizzybob
THE ULTIMATE ROMANTIC Dinner. Just add a green salad, garlic bread, a little chardonnay & CANDLES. This is the best pasta dish in the whole world and it is so easy. Another Southern Living recipe.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe is very easy and good but I had to make a few changes to give it 4 stars. If I had not made the changes I don't think I could give it more than 3 stars. Prior to pouring it into the baking dish I checked for seasonings and it was very bland at that point and did not have enough "sauce". I added some minced garlic (around 1 tsp), Emeril's Creole Seasoning and extra cayenne pepper. I also added heavy whipping cream (probably between 1/4 and 1/2 cup) and lightly simmered for a few minutes in order for everything to blend together. I proceeded to bake as instructed and after tasting it DH and I were both very pleased with the final outcome.
- 2 lbs peeled large raw shrimp
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green onions in 3 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp& cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink-stir occasionally.
- Remove shrimp with slotted spoon.
- Add cream cheese& milk to skillet& cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly until cheese melts.
- Stir in swiss cheese& wine.
- Add shrimp& red pepper.
- Stir constantly until heated.
- Pour shrimp mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs& butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve shrimp over cooked pasta.