Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in small dice
- 1⁄4 cup fruity white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Melt butter in olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic and scallions briefly, but do not brown the garlic.
- Toss in shrimp, salt, and red bell pepper and saute until shrimp are pink and barely opaque. Stir in white wine and parsley and simmer 2-3 minutes until wine reduces by half.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese.
This shrimp was heaven on a plate. I followed the recipe exactly and served it with lemon pepper mashed potatoes, corn and a baby-greens salad. I used fresh grated parmesan on top and the cheese added greatly to the overall dish. Absolutely delicious and very colorful. I used 1 and 1/4 lbs. of large fresh shrimp - between four of us there isn't a single shrimp left.