Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very versatile dish that can be used with toothpicks as an appetizer, as a side dish, or with angelhair pasta as a main dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic and onions briefly, but do not brown the garlic.
- Toss in shrimp and saute until pink and opaque in the center. Stir in parsley and heat through.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This was delish. I added salt, pepper and capers, and reduced the Parmesan cheese by about half. The shrimp went beautifully with brown basmati rice and sauteed baby portabello mushrooms and caramelized onions. Great flavors!
Delicious and easy! Made this as part of a seafood dinner in the RV. Great flavors. And the leftovers (not many :) )were great cold, the next day. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
I really enjoyed this, and definitely plan on making it again, but I'm afraid I did make a couple of changes, to make it more of an italian style salsa verde: I mashed the garlic, parsley and olive oil with a couple of anchovies, a bit of mustard, capers and lemon juice. I served the shrimp and sauce with linguine