Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret, small
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, small
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup small shrimp, cooked,cleaned (use fresh or frozen not canned)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar (to taste)
- 2 chili peppers, seeded and deveined
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- ---Forthe Dressing---.
- Put all the dressings ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it is very smooth, there may be tiny bits of chili peppers but that's fine.
- Adjust flavor- When you start to make the dressing don't put in all the chili nor vinegar; add as you go along.
- ---Forthe Salad---.
- Put out two dinner plates and arrange the lettuce on the plates.
- Combine& toss remaining ingredients, except the shrimp.
- Divide the salad between the two plates, place shrimp on top; season to taste.
- Serve salad dressing on the side- there will likely be some left over.
My hubby and I had this for lunch today and thoroughly enjoyed it! My grocery store did not have jicama this morning, so I did not include it; I also omitted the sweet red peppers and only used 2 radishes. For the dressing, I used all the vinegar listed, but only half of a chili pepper (hubby wouldn't have eaten it otherwise). I found the recipe's instructions were clear and easy-to-follow, and the resulting salad was both delicious and attractive. I drizzled some dressing over the two plates of salad, and then served the rest on the side and, yes, I do have some left over. Thanks for a great recipe and good luck in the contest!