Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From SELF Magazine. This is a low-cal, yet filling salad from chef-partner Michael Dunn of Yankee Pier Santana Row in San Jose, CA.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 3 cups yellow & green wax beans (blanched & cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 cups fresh corn (shaved from the cob)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot (finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tomatoes on a cookie sheet & brush lightly w/oil; roast 20 min & puree in a blender & strain. Cool puree.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in a chilled bowl & toss.
- Add vinegar to tomato puree & whisk in remaining oil, shallot & parsley. Drip 1/2 c vinaigrette on the inside rim of bowl, then toss salad again. Sprinkle w/salt & pepper.