Adapted from Fine Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, shelled, deveined, rinsed, and drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with foil. Lay tortillas on sheet and spray with cooking spray. Turn over and spray other side. When oven is heated, bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. They may still appear floppy, but will become crispy as they cool. Remove and place on plate covered with paper towels. Blot with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the cumin, garlic powder, pepper, salt, chili powder, brown sugar, and oregano. Put the olive oil in a ziptop bag and mix in all but 1 tablespoon of the spice mix. Add the garlic and shrimp; massage to coat. Set aside.
- 3Heat a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat, and, when hot, coat with cooking spray. Add the sliced onion and sauté until softened and fragrant and starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the chile and bell pepper and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add the remaining spice mixture and sauté until the onion and chiles are tender but not mushy, another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Return the skillet to medium high heat and add the shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Add the sautéed vegetables; toss to combine and reheat.
- 4Spread a small amount of guacamole on tostada. Spread a small amount of sour cream over guacamole, then add some lettuce. Add some sauteed vegetables and top with shrimp. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- 5Serve with additional sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (1344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.8 mg
- Sodium 972.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: