Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lovely dish - nice presentation and packed great flavours.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 2 cups uncooked tortellini
- 3 -4 cups frozen green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce, of your choice
- 1 lb shelled shrimp (tails on or off your choice)
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package - rince in cold water and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry the peppers over medium high heat until they have softened.
- Add garlic and fry for approximately 2 - 3 minutes - be careful not to burn it.
- Add the shrimp and stirr fry until they JUST start to turn pink.
- Add the pasta - combine well and cook until the pasta is heated through and the shrimp are pink.
- Microwave your beans for approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Warm but not steaming. Drain and add to the pasta mixture -.
- Add your Pasta sauce, salt and pepper and combine well - let heat through for approximately 4 - 5 minutes.
- Shave some parmesan cheese over the top and Serve.
This is a lovely, colourful dish that I enjoyed making. I steamed fresh green beans for this, used a primavera pasta sauce (would like to try a more assertive sauce next time to liven up flavours - maybe a roasted garlic and onion), and left salt and pepper to be used at the table. I wish I'd had 2 red peppers as that was the taste that highlighted the dish for me. Nice overall, just need to spice it up more next time I make it. Thanks for posting!