Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This main dish salad is pretty enough to serve your guests and light enough to suit the calorie counter in the group. It's really a great summer salad! Prep time includes refrigeration
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, cleaned
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 -2 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 large tomatoes
- In mixing bowl, combine shrimp, pea pods, and onion.
- To make dressing, in a screw top jar combine oil, wine, vinegar, Italian salad dressing mix, capers, and pepper; cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over shrimp mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Prepare tomato cups as follows: Place tomatoes; stem end down on cutting surface.
- With a sharp knife, cut the tomato into 4- 6 wedges, cutting to, but not through the base of the tomato.
- Spread the wedges apart slightly, sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, spread the wedges apart and spoon in the salad mixture.
- To serve, drain shrimp mixture; spoon into tomato cups.
- Place on lettuce lined plates if desired.
This is just a great recipe for special dinners as a beginning. Great great zippy flavor.