Recipe by Derf
Excellent appetizer!! Make toast ahead, 24 hrs and keep in air tight container. From B H & G
Top Review by Chippie1
Unfortunately, I didn't care for this recipe and neither did my guests. I prepared the appetizer recipe to a tee and the taste was just not there. I think I'll go back to making my bruschetta with the proschiuto, provolone, basil, oregano, garlic, and mozzarella cheese. Sorry I could give a great review, but we just didn't care for the taste and the chips weren't crispy enough and probably could have used some garlic powder mixed in with the spices.
- 1 (10 ounce) loaf French baguettes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces peeled, deveined and cooked medium shrimp
- fresh oregano sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Combine olive oil, snipped oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly brush both sides of each bread slice with some of the oil mixture.
- Arrange slices on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 5 minutes or till crisp and light brown, turning once.
- To assemble, top each slice of toast with some tomato slices and one or two shrimp.
- If desired garnish with oregano sprigs.