Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 teaspoons of the oil over high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally. About 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until fragrant. About 30 seconds.
- Add canned tomatoes and the juice along with the water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have softened and are saucy. About 15 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Stir in grape tomatoes.
- Meanwhile in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Add tomato sauce, shrimp and basil.
- Toss and serve immediately.
This was VERY yummy!!!!