Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious appetizers. From Southern Living.
- 3 1⁄4 lbs unpeeled small fresh shrimp
- 8 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 36 slices baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or unti shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Set aside 36 shrimp and keep in refrigerator.
- Chop remaining shrimp.
- In a large bowl, mix together shrimp, cheese and next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon onto each baguette slice and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each toast with a reserved shrimp.
I cannot believe that I have not reviewed this recipe yet! We love these! I had to modify the recipe a little as it is hard to find fresh shrimp in our area, but I got wonderful results with frozen shrimp! I also like to add some fresh minced garlic! Yummy! Thanks so much for posting what has become one of our favorite treats!